Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

Snowflake sparkle

Today I'm sharing a sparkly card made from a gorgous big Hero Arts snowflake backround stamp.  I found this stamp while on holiday with Hubby, Dominic, in Scotland earlier this year.  We'd been for a lovely walk and popped into a coffee shop for a break and a hot drink.  To my glee I found that a local craft group were having their monthly meeting and HAVING A CRAFT SALE!!! :D  Well, Dominic sat down with his coffee in a resigned kind of way while I met the lovely people and chatted and browsed and found this stamp and another snowflake stamp set at 'you can't not buy me' prices.

Snowflakes is a perfect theme to enter into the Country View Crafts Sparkle and Shine Challenge.


 Since it was a sparkle and shine challenge I went to town with all things sparkly and shiny.  I stamped and embossed the snowflakes, then sponged with distress inks and sprayed with pearl Cosmic Shimmer.  The card is edged with Winter Dawn mega flake as is the bauble which I die cut from a magazine freebie.  I added gems in the snowflake centres.  I printed Peace and Joy and mounted on silver ribbon.  The embossing powder is snowflake sparkle which I love - can you see the multi coloured sparkle?


I love taking a stamp and seeing how many different cards I can make with it, so stand by for more snowflake cards.

Its very therapeutic playing with inks and stamps while trying to recover from this current bout of c.f.s. (chronic fatigue syndrome).  Recovery is never a straight line and some days are better than others, but no matter what I know that C.F.S. - Christ Furnishes Strength and He is here every step of the way on the healing process.  Jesus is the Light of the World and shines his love and His light into every situation.  Where He is there is no darkness.  As I made this card using all things shiny, I thought, yes, Jesus brings sparkle and shine here to me right now, no matter how I'm feeling physically.

Thank you Country View Crafts for a great challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Susan , this card is just gorgeous ! The sparkle and shine is fabulous! It is such a lovely stamp and it will remind you of your holiday too. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my last post. Sorry I was feeling very sorry for myself that day ! Sometimes when I speak to my friends in Cyprus where I used to live I do miss them very much. I will definitely try some art journaling but probably not this side of Christmas. A heat gun will definitely be on my list !
    I do pray that you will be feeling better soon. There is always a word in your posts that is so apt for me ! Thank you for saying that Jesus is shining His love and His light into every situation, really lovely thought for a family member!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, love your card and the inspiration behind it! A friend of mine recently gave me this scripture, 1 John 4:18 ....perfect love casts out fear... That has been comforting to me. As Jesus heals you, I hope it is comforting to you too. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, it is such a lovely card, love all the sparkles and shine, it is magical for Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These is gorgeous! Perfectly put together! And that blue matches your blog header so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love all the sparkle and the added gemstones. You made me think of an old song - Jesus bids us shine with a pure, clear light; like a little diamond shining in the night. That is you, Dear Heart.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for coming to my blog and leaving such sweet encouragement. I'm so grateful that you stopped by and loved following the trail to your blog so I could see your lovely artwork. You are very talented. You'd also asked me about the linky feature to Word Art Wednesday, the challenge I represented in my post. The linkies are there now, and we'd LOVE to have your artwork linked so it could inspire others. Hope you'll come back! And thank you again for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and inspiring Susan! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Susan! Love the sparkle and shine...and the snowflakes!
    P.S. thank you for letting me know what kind of white pen you use to write with...I got one and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossed snowflakes are very pretty, the gems look good as well. I hope your recovery stays steadily "forward ho"! Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 154th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson
    I use Psalm 103 quite frequently.

    ReplyDelete