Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Fret Not and Trust

Its so easy to let difficult situations get the better of us so that we end up all anxious, worried, burdened and full of cares!  This is what happened to me recently when  a difficult family situation to do with a distant relative flared up again.  I've been praying for a solution to this problem for years, nearly eight years to be exact and most of the time I cope with it and trust that God will answer in His own perfect time.  However, occasionally when the situation flares up again I start to look at the issue instead of my God and then worry overtakes me.  Fortunately I've learnt what to do:  I give myself a talking to and start praying!  When I started praying this time and stopped looking at the problem but instead turned my eyes to the Lord I felt peace return and God led me to Psalm 37 and the words, "Fret not".  So I stopped fretting and started trusting again.  God has given me a quiet assurance in my heart that things will be all right.  He didn't say when so I've just got to wait, but I know that He is working.

Here is my art journal page:


Since its spring I chose green and a little yellow and brushed it on diagonally.  I added my home made texture paste through a flower stencil:


Next I stamped various things like hexagons, spots, swirls


I stamped butterflies because they just seemed to go with the flowers but also to represent the feeling of freedom from anxiety.  Then I journaled in a white pen:


and added the title in open letters so the backround can still be seen through them:


I'm definitely not fretting any more!!

I'm linking up at:
That's Crafty - Wings n Things Challenge
Art Journal Journey - Things with Wings
Art Journal Every Day
Anything But A Card - green challenge
Create With Joy - Inspire Me Monday 

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this green is fantastic ..and I love what you have done with the texture paste here!
    Gorgeous pages!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey Susan!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and I love the black and white added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful peaceful page with the beautiful green and butterflies

    Thank you for joining us
    Love Chrissie AJJ guest hostess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to visit because I love how you used the green in this page. I'm not usually a fan of green, but your page just turned out so pretty and eye catching...AND I love the part of the post where you say "He didn't say when..." It makes me chuckle, the Lord's timing can be such a stumbling block, I'm glad you are not letting it be a stumbling block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An inspiring testimony and a beautiful page! God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this green colour, it's so relaxing , so good with the scripture!
    The butterfly stamps are lovely ! A wonderful message too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour combination and the way the white pops. Thank you for joining in with us at Anything But A Card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed how you have layered and balanced colors, lines, spacing, etc. to convey worry-free living!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy...I can so relate to letting things overtake us and worry & fret sets in.
    Love your page Susan...love the colors and textures, and details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous green! Great colour combinations and a great journal page. Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your greens! The flowers and the butterfly are the perfect touch to this page.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Anything But A card this month. Good Luck, Rupa. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Nice to find you at Inspire Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Susan,

    I am SO glad our paths crossed somewhere along the line because every time I visit you, your words and artwork inspire me! :-)

    Happy Spring to you! I'm happy to share that you and your beautiful artwork are among our features this week at Inspire Me Monday #168 at Create With Joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful journaling art, thank you for sharing this with us.

    blessings to you from Angela, visiting via Inspire Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous journal page and I love how you've repeated the images from your scripture booklet onto this journal page. Again, the crispness of the white and green is stunning and I love the addition of the black. the flowers and butterfly are a perfect reminder of spring. Thank you for playing along at Anything But a Card. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete