Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

Glory Art no 1 - Trust

I've decided to have another go at doing the Scripture Challenge by Patter Cross at Triple the Scraps - last year I gave up on it because I got bored with the format I chose.  This year the challenge is called Glory Art - isn't that such a wonderful name - and I was really inspired by Patter's scripture cards so I will do the same.

The first one (they are twice a month) is on TRUST.  We need to trust God when times are hard and how do we do that?  One way is to really study His Word in the good times.  As we meditate on His Word and spend time with God in prayer we will get to know Him better, walk more closely with Him and when dark times come we will be able to Trust Him knowing He loves us and will help us through these times.

Here are my scripture cards:


I started off with random blobs of chalk acrylics.  Then I found some music paper, actually its from an old hymn book I found in a second hand Christian bookshop while on holiday.  The hymn is perfect for this because it is Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus which Patter actually included in her study:



I added stamping and texture paste through a stencil:


The verses were typed and printed - my writing would be too big to fit on these, they are roughly 4 x 3 inches, 8 cards from 1 sheet of A4.  The triangle border is stamped with my first home carved stamp!  I got a stamp carving kit for Christmas.



These cards are so much fun to make.  They are a totally addictive and I just wanted to go on making them!  I'm going to mount them on black card and make them into a book., the idea being to have a different verse on display each day.

7 comments:

  1. Susan, I love these cards, I love the collage and the colourful background in contrast with the white texture and then the verses, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They're gorgeous, Susan! I love the beautiful cheerful colours you used, and the music papers, and the texture, and the wonderful Scripture verses!
    I'm so glad you're joining in again this year! Can't wait to see more! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look gorgeous, Susan! I like the textured elements along with the quotes and the colourful backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Great design with awesome inking! Thank you for linking your card to our Challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share with you God's Word in Isaiah 43:18-19 which tells us, " "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Have a wonderful day filled with the blessings of the Lord Jesus!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards again ! Love how you incorporated the hymn !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glory Art - what an awesome concept this is - and what inspiring cards you've created Susan!

    If I can find the time I may join this project along the way!

    In the meantime, congrats - you are one of my Featured Guests at Inspire Me Monday #162 at Create With Joy! :-)

    Have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards - what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete