Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Pleasant words ... thank you!

On Monday I posted (see it here) about being in the middle of a bout of c.f.s. (chronic fatigue syndrome) and how I try and cope by claiming the truth that C.F.S. Christ Furnishes Strength!

I had some really lovely encouraging comments.  I just want to say THANK YOU to my lovely friends :D  Your words really blessed me and helped me as did your prayers.  I can feel when people are praying for me because, well, prayer works!  Yes, I am feeling a lot better, not totally yet but getting there. 

I was well enough today to sit at my arty table and do a journal page - which was just so great :D
My page was inspired by Ellen Vargo's ledger journal page at the PaperArtsy blog.  I loved her coneflowers and lovely blue backround.  Ellen used the PaperArtsy EEV09 stamps for the petals.  I didn't have these so I cut the petals out of paper which I'd painted and stamped.  I used Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paints for the backround and petals.


I love this proverb and it is so apt for the blessing of your comments - thank you again!

17 comments:

  1. Too right my friend! Sweet words are a healing balm to edify ourselves and to edify and encourage others! We are here for one another and I TOTALLY believe that healing can be manifested as another speaks, as an unction from the Holy Spirit, to you! God works in and through us to do His good purpose and that can begin with powerful prayers from another! You are just the sweetest spirit and I will continue to lift you up KNOWING that God has mighty things yet for YOU! Blessings my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment and a wonderful page, love those flowers! hugs Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful page, Susan!!! I'm so glad you are on the mend and felt well enough to play. Your background makes me think of jeans, specifically the pockets as your marks make me think of stitching. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you are starting to be on the mend Susan!
    Your page is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful colours! I hope you are feeling completely over this bout soon,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog Susan - lovely artwork and use of scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely page ! The flowers are beautiful and the background colour is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely flowers! Wonderful verse and journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an uplifting piece of art! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely page, the background is beautiful and your flower petals perfect even without the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ps-- I hope that you will come share some of your art with us over at the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I had to describe this page with just one word, I would say "friendly"! Those flowers look so cute and non-pretentious. Love the proverb too! Thank you for linking to Sunday Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sentiment and I like your inventiveness in making the flowers. Anita #sundaysentiments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page - keep getting better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a deep and meaningful quote.It's a perfect fit with the beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like how you put your inspiring words together. I too aspire to inspire! enjoying your page!

    ReplyDelete