Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

More Snowflake sparkle

Here is another sparkly snowflake card for the Country View Challenges Sparkle and Shine challenge.  This time I used the largest snowflake from the set I got at the craft sale while on holiday in Scotland which I wrote about here.


I stamped and embossed the large snowflake in tinsel snowflake embossing powder and it gives a really lovely sparkle.  I sponged with distress inks, flicked with water and then sprayed with Pearl Cosmic Shimmer and it really does shimmer beautifully.  I edged with Winter Dawn Mega Flakes and then mounted  on the card which I'd stamped a snowflake border on with the smaller snowflake stamps in the set.  I love the frosty snowy look of the card which you can't quite see in the photo.

I can't stop making snowflake cards so here are two more made in a similar way but this time with no sparkle:


And one with no border:


That's it for now, but more snowflake cards to come:)

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful snowflake, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, magical card Susan! That snowflake is wonderful! :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! !! I love snowflakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ... Makes me want to drag all my snowflake stamps out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Susan! I love the snowflakes and the shimmer and sparkle. Don't you love it when you can get beautiful stamp sets at bargain prices? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have a thing for making snowflake cards. I do love them! And yours are just gorgeous!! All that yummy shimmer and shine...I would almost cut that out and turn it into an ornament on the tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! What a gorgeous make! The snowflake is so stunning! Love it! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is such a beautiful stamp ! Your cards are gorgeous, lovely colours and the tinsel embossing powder is wonderful, love the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete