Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Undo

This week's Scripture Lessons and Lyrics challenge was all about turning to God for help in all our personal struggles where we do the things we know we shouldn't and don't do the things we know we should.  Patter wrote a truly moving post - (read it here) .  This really spoke to me:

Are you frustrated with something you do? Do you feel like giving up? Do you think God is done with you and has given up on you? Absolutely not! He is waiting with loving arms for you to come to Him and rely on Him through every struggle, every shortcoming—everything. 

I struggle with my health because I get bouts of chronic fatigue and when I'm in the middle of one I really have to fight to stay positive and at times I really have felt like God has given up on me - which is so NOT TRUE.  Then again when I'm feeling ok I don't do the things I know I should do like exercise - I really need to do Pilates because it helps with the bad arthritis I have in my hips. But do I do it? NO :(

The song we studied was Undo by Rush of Fools (listen to it here).  This is a wonderful song with great lyrics, the chorus really spoke to me:

Turn me around, pick me up
Undo what I've become
Bring me back to the place
Of forgiveness and grace
I need You, I need Your help
I can't do this myself
You're the only one
Who can undo what I've become

I loved the lyrics so much I decided to include them all on my spread.  The same with the scriptures, I just couldn't choose one, so I included them all:


I'm actually doing a 6 x 12 mini book, so this is what it looks like, doesn't come out very well in a photo:
 

This is the left hand page with the lyrics which fold out:

 and the right hand page:


 I really like the trees and the birds:


 I have a thing about birds at the moment.  Do you like his pearl eye?


God really is the one who can help us whatever the circumstances.

4 comments:

  1. Love your mini album, I've been thinking of doing a scripture mini album, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are fantastic, Susan! Birds and trees are always my favorites, and your's are so pretty! I love that you included so many wonderful Scripture verses too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I like all your little word boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your little birds and trees and the way the words to the song fold out, it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete