Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

He is the Lord

I'm taking part in The Scripture Lessons and Lyrics Challenge run by Patter Cross on her blog Triple the Scraps.  This will be her 6th year of hosting the challenge and my first for doing it! The theme for the first one was 'You are the Lord' and I loved it.  We had a song - You are the Lord - by Jeremy Camp, to listen Click here and scriptures based on the themes of the song.  The song and the scriptures help to focus on God as He really is, on His love, mercy, kindness.  He is the Creator God and as His children He guides, comforts, strengthens and protects us.  He is totally wonderful!

I initially thought I would do this challenge as an art journal but Patter is a scrapbooker so her page was a beautiful creation and it inspired me to do mine as a 6 x 12 mini scrapbook.  I love scrapbooking and haven't done any since I started art journaling.  Since I wanted to include lots of writing I made a double page spread:


But the pages also look like a 12 x 12 when put together:


On one side I've got the themes of the song:


And on the other the scripture that really summed up this study for me:

You Lord are forgiving and good
Abounding in steadfast love to all who call to you.
Ps 86:5


I love ribbons!  Here I've ruched them all up:


I really enjoyed doing these pages and can't wait for the next study.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, so very glad to have you joining in! Love the scripture you chose, and what a beautiful page. Those ribbons are wonderful! I too love to art journal, and I am hoping to post more of that soon. Have a blessed weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you're joining us in the challenge this year. Your pages are wonderful! I love the ruched ribbons and all the pretty flowers! I look forward to seeing much more! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages with the beautiful colours and ribbons ! I have decided to do a 2 page spread this year , one page just isn't enough ! You have chosen a wonderful scripture .

    ReplyDelete