Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

Friendship is a Sharing of Hearts

Some of you may remember that I found some wonderful books in a second hand Christian bookshop while on holiday in Scotland earlier this year.  One of them is called At the Name of Jesus by Sarah Hornsby and its a devotional focusing every day on a particular name of Jesus.  Its a truly inspirational book.  This week I had Jesus as the Friend of Sinners and it blew me away! Here is a little excerpt:

"Do not deny my friendship by hiding things in yourself that are wrong.  
My Word cleanses you so we can share our hearts openly together....."

What struck me was that Jesus doesn't only wash away our sins.  He encourages us to pour out our hearts to Him and He wants us to get to know Him.  He wants to be our friend and that means that He wants to share His heart with us too.  Isn't that what friends do - share their hearts with each another.

Here is my art journal page:


This was a quick page where I had fun swooshing paint around and then playing with stencils:

 

 The white damask and the black tiles are both texture paste:




I pray that when you next stop and be still with Jesus you will listen to Him - He is your friend and wants to share His heart with you.

I'm linking up at:
Art Every Day Month at Creative Every Day
Create with Joy Friendship Friday
Art Journal Every Day

6 comments:

  1. It is a lovely spread Susan, loved the black and white contrast on the colourful background, and the sentiment is heartwarming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just loving the effect of the black and white texture paste on top of all the glorious colour - beautiful spread, and I love the friendship quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love the colors and the textures...this is beautiful Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely word for us Susan ! Your page is gorgeous! Love the colours and the texture !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful sentiment, & beautiful colours Susan!

    ReplyDelete