Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

Longing for Longing

I've been reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer.  Our walk with God really does have to be all about seeking Him with all our hearts.  However long we've been a Christian, there's still so much deeper and closer to God we can go.  In his book Tozer prays a beautiful prayer:  

"Lord, I want to want Thee, I long to be filled with longing, I thirst to be made more thirsty still."  

Just like David in Psalm 63:


O God, thou art my God, I seek Thee,
my soul thirsts for Thee;
my flesh faints for Thee,
as in a dry and weary land
where no water is.
So I have looked upon Thee in the sanctuary,
beholding Thy power and glory.
Because They steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise Thee.
So I will bless Thee as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands and call on Thy name.
Ps 63: 1-4

This is my prayer today:  Lord, I want to want you so much more.  I want to know you so much more.  I long to be filled with longing.  I thirst to be made more thirsty still.  However much I know you, it falls so far short of who You are.  Lord, help me get to know you more, help me to walk with you more closely.  Thank you, Lord.

Here's my art journal page:


No comments:

Post a Comment