Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Give Thanks

I had a bad case of the POMs (that's Poor Old Me) a few days ago when I was struggling with tiredness.  I had no energy, felt really poorly and was fit for nothing very much.  However, it says quite clearly in the bible:


Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thess 5: 18

So I started to thank the Lord for all my blessings - Dominic, my wonderful husband; Patch and Izzy, my wonderful children; my lovely friends; my amazing church, the Jesus Fellowship; my home; my family; beautiful creation, birds, flowers, sunshine, etc...... That's blessing upon blessing!

So I felt much better and as I read that scripture again I saw that it started with rejoicing:

Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thess 5: 16-18 

And that's how it should be.  We rejoice because we know Jesus, we pray so we can be close to Him and then we can thank Him trusting in Him for everything.

Here's the page I did in my art journal:


I got this amazing texture by sticking pieces of wrapping from inside a chocolate box!  Stuck it down with home made mod podge and home made gesso - its amazing what recipes you can find on the internet!  This is the wrapping, I peeled off one of the layers.

The colour is cosmic shimmer mists Meadow Lush and Ocean Sunlight.  The big flowers and white butterflies are from a 49p stencil from the Works and the leaves are a Junkitz stamp which I won in a card making competition years ago.  I used stickers for Give Thanks.  I wanted to write my prayers of thanks all along the edge but my pen wouldn't write on this surface.

Blessings and grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment