Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2015

See the Good

How many times have you looked at something or someone and noticed what was wrong?  Here's a confession time for me, I have to say that I have often done this.  Of course we do need to see things that are wrong so they can be put right.  But what I'm talking about is more an attitude of the heart, a willingness to see the good in people or things rather than criticise what is wrong.  When we choose to SEE the good it keeps us positive and  grateful and it not only blesses us but the other person too.

In the bible it says:

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence,
 if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
 Phil 4: 8

 So this is what I'm trying to do along with keeping a grateful heart which I recently wrote about here.

Here is my art journal page:


I chose autumn colours partly for the new challenge at Try it on Tuesday  which is 'autumn' but mainly because I love autumn colours and I was in an orange mood :)  I applied the paint with a baby wipe leaving the lovely glow in the centre.  Next I stencilled and stamped:



This page actually started off with some of the stencilled flowers (gorgeous PaperArtsy stencil) applied to use up leftover texture paste from the previous page.  I sponged over in the goldy orange:


There were only three flowers as in the stencil to start with and I added more in black:


Finally adding more flowers with texture paste and again sponging over and outlining in white:


This was a fun page to do which came together really quickly.  I like to make my pages have meaning so did you notice that the flowers reflect the theme of the page?  The flowers might appear black, but look carefully and you will see the goldy ones!

 Wishing you joy in your SEEING :)

I'm linking up at:
Try it on Tuesday
Art Journal Every Day 
Create With Joy Friendship Friday 


8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely page Susan with a lovely sentiment. I too keep reminding myself that I need to see the good in people and situations. Awesome colours and of course great textures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, love the colours and textures. THanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so beautiful -- a wonderful page Susan!
    Thank you for joining us at TIOT's!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful journal page, beautiful autumnal colours. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Susan! I love the yellow and black together, with the white highlights!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you chose. Beautifully done Susan.
    I have to admit I've done this - our attitude of the heart is SO very important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done...love the layers, colors, and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´m so happy, I found your blog, because you are a Christian. Bless!

    ReplyDelete