Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

Glory Art no 15 - Christ-Esteem

I loved this week's topic at the Glory Art Scripture Challenge which was Christ-Esteem.  Patter got us to think about the difference between being self-focused and Christ-focused.  We often hear people say they have low self-esteem.  However, as Christians what we need is to have Christ-Esteem!  We rely on God for His help, His strength, His guidance and we become the people He wants us to be.

Here are my scripture cards.  I'm getting a tidy number and will have to start making them into the devotional book soon:


I started off with a brayered backround in 2 different yellows:


Next was stencilling in a light orange, I used a new houndstooth pattern stencil which I got for my birthday:


I added some stamping in brown including this gorgeous stamp by Kaisercraft with the big numbers which was perfect for the Country View Crafts Numbers challenge.


Lastly I added the flowers which are by PaperArtsy:


I'm linking up at:

Triple the Scraps Glory Art Scripture Challenge
Country View Crafts Numbers challenge
Create with Joy Friendship Friday
Word Art Wednesday


2 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing...I love the color combo and all the inking. I especially love the scripture verses you incorporated. Such an encouragement! So glad you joined our 200th Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. We have a new Challenge today and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Colossians 2:6-8 which says, "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ." Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazingly beautiful! Love the Christ theme...Amen!
    I haven't been here for a while, so I've been looking at all your work.
    So beautiful

    ReplyDelete