Pages

Wednesday 17 December 2014

An A - Z of Friendship

I love this A - Z of friendship which I found on Pinterest while I was doing a scrapbook for my daughter's 25th birthday.  I made a few changes and used it on the pages I did about her friends.  I've also used it on a birthday card and I think its so fun I'm finally using it for myself on my pages for a circle journal I'm taking part in next year.  The theme of my journal is Friends and Friendship and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone who's taking part in it will come up with.

Friends are such an important part of our lives, essential to our well-being bringing us love, fun and wisdom when we need it!


The backround was inspired by Leandra Franich on the PaperArtsy blog.  It's made by brayering different PaperArsty Fresco Finish chalk acrylic paints.  I guess I should have practised on another page first but I plunged straight in by doing these pages in my Friendship journal:


Then I added some stenciling and stamped a friendship definition stamp all over:


I had to include some hearts and these are stenciled with my home-made texture paste:


And a close up of the pages:




I love the effect the brayered backround gives and I suspect I shall be using it a lot.

Friends are vital to us, but even more important, it is vital for us to be a friend to others.  As Jesus said,
This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. 
This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. 
Jn 15: 13 The Message

13 comments:

  1. I love the brayered background, Susan and absolutely adore those crisp stenciled textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Susan! Can't wait to work in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan your background is great, and loved your hearts! The text is simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The background and texture is amazing. Love the text from A to Z on it....so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from EJED-beautiful background for the textured hearts and words about friendship! I couldn't agree more about friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for allowing Christ to speak through you to me....He is our best friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Susan ! the colours are lovely and the friendship a-z is a great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your background turned out wonderfully! Love the stenciling on top too!! Thanks for joining in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan,
    Your background turned out fantastic, I love the colors. That heart stencil is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful journal page, Happy New Year sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete