Pages

Thursday 22 February 2018

Wanderlust wks 5-7: Castles

Its been really fun on Wanderlust (a year long online class) the last few weeks.  The Theme for February is Castles and we have had to do all sorts of different things from watercolours to making our own journal. 

We  had to paint a castle in watercolour and this was a huge challenge for me because I am not an artist and had never ever done a watercolour before.  Yes I had used watercolours on my stamped cards etc but never to actually paint a picture.  I enjoyed it so much I did two in the end.  Here is one of Lindisfarne Castle which is on Holy Island in Northumberland:


and this is Huntly Castle:


Next we had to make a Castle Gates journal.  I used paper from my stash which I had had for a long time for the inside pages and then used the scraps in a paper patchwork for the covers:



We had to bind it using kettle stitch:


For this week's class we did a journal page using a photocopied picture of a castle wall which we had to colour.  We had to include a picture and words and add a story or journaling.  The castle walls spoke to me of prison, hardship, problems, etc.  And the lovely vibrant colour spoke to me of hope and faith and the power that Jesus gives us to overcome whatever comes our way:


I used a picture of my husband and kids on a walk in Wales.  I tore a hole in the page and added the journaling behind the picture:


The castle wall was printed on plain photocopy paper so we had to use medium first and then in between the layers of colour.  I used Portfolios:


It was really great doing this page and remembering all the times that Jesus has helped me through some very difficult and even impossible situations.  When I trust in Him He is always there to help, strengthen and give wisdom.

We've had a couple of other activities to do in our art journals but I'll save those for another post.

Blessings to you.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE, love, love your page! Brilliant work and a great thought, that our God will never let us down, as we can see when we look back at the way He's handled our lives for us so far... we have a LOT to be thankful for.

    Thanks for the blessing :-)

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the journal looks great! Your castle painting turned out good, especially for someone who has never painted in watercolor before. Good job!

    ReplyDelete