Pages

Friday 15 December 2017

Hello again!

Hello again, fellow bloggers and anyone else popping in.  Its been ages since I posted, a whole year and a half in fact!  Lots has happened since, both good and not so good.  Last year was completely taken up with my daughter's wedding, a very happy time.  I was busy making all the invites, then a post box and also all the thank you cards, all co-ordinated of course.  We chose different shades of blue and teal and a touch of silver and stamped dandelions....but because I was taking a break from blogging I forgot to take any photos 😞  Never mind.

This year has been a long struggle with several health issues.  I'm better now though I need to have a double hip replacement sometime, yikes!!  Managed to survive and keep positive most of the time, though there were some very dark moments.  However, its at those times that I find that God gives me extra strength and grace and a very precious comfort.  I look back and see how very close Jesus was to me and He still is!

Enough about me and on to the fun creating stuff.  Its Christmas time again, yay, and that means I have a big session of bookmark making which is one of my favourite things.  I give them as little gifts to friends. We've just had an unexpected dollop of snow here in the UK, great excitement because everything grinds to a halt until we get used to it and then its gone!  So the theme for this year had to be snowflakes mainly though I mixed it up with a few trees.

Here they all are:


I love taking just a few supplies and getting a production line going.  For these I mainly used distress inks sponged and spattered with water for the backround, then stamped with various snowflakes and embossed with my favourite snowflake powder embossing powder which has a lovely sparkle which doesn't show up in the photo:


I like to make them all slightly different:


And I love to add a little verse, again different ones - its fun for my friends to choose:


These are always such fun to make.  I may just have to do another batch!

I'm linking up at:
That's Crafty
Country View Challenges


5 comments:

  1. It was lovely to hear from you, Susan! A year and a half is a long time to go without blogging! I'm so glad you resurrected your blog to show us your lovely Christmas bookmarks and it would have been nice to see those home made invites too! Hope the hip replacement will go without a glitch - the NHS is pretty good with this routine stuff - I'm sure you'll be in good hands! Keep in touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful collection welcome back to blog land and many thanks for sharing your wonderful gathering of makes with us over at That's Crafty.
    Best Wishes Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection, I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges this month - good luck and hope to see you again Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    I was so pleased to see your post but sorry your health is interfering with your life :-(
    I had intended sending you a note of encouragement and prayer... God put you on my heart to pray for!

    I wish you all the blessings only our great God can give and peace in all your circumstances.

    God Bless you richly in every way!

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are posting on your blog again Susan. Your bookmarks are beautiful ! I've had a break from crafting so haven't posted on a while. Your posts always gave me inspiration! I know quite a few people who have had hip replacements and they have been delighted with the results and an end to their pain.

    ReplyDelete