Pages

Monday 20 April 2015

Glory Art no 7 - Anxious .... Don't Be!

This time the Glory Art challenge was on 'Anxious'.  We all get anxious at times as we have to deal with difficult situations but Jesus tells us quite clearly NOT to be anxious.  Its so easy to say and can be so very hard to do but Jesus tells us that our Heavenly Father knows what we need and when we need it.  He promises us strength and wisdom and grace to cope and work things out.  He also promises to provide us with the things in life that we need.  So the key to not being anxious has to be to put our trust in Him.  If we have faith and believe in His word then surely we will be able to trust Him.  Then we will not be anxious.

Here are my scripture cards:


I painted the backrounds using purple, pink and white - purple is not a colour I use very often:


I added some stencilling in white.  I should really have added the second part of this scripture but there wasn't room:

 Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4: 6-7


Then I added sections of a doily stencil in purple:


 Finally I stamped a script:


I just can't cut straight with a scissors!



When I find myself getting anxious about something I read these verses and they bring hope and comfort as I remember that the living God knows about my situation and that He will work things for good.  And then I can NOT be anxious!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scripture cards!! The purple is lovely!! Wonderful scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards and inspiring post/verses with us! These are verses I come back to again and again - I need to make myself a set of these cards!

    Have a lovely week Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful Susan , love the colours and wonderful bible verses! Your post has been very encouraging too ! I haven't been well for a few weeks and anxiety seems to take hold when we feel down. Thanks for reminding me to TRUST !

    ReplyDelete