Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Take Me Deeper week 3

Finally here is my week 3 for Take Me Deeper, a weekly devotional at His Kingdom Come.  I lost my inspiration for a while during and following a horrible fluey cold so I'm a week behind but no doubt I'll catch up.  Its funny how some things affect creativity :(

Week 3 was on Transform Submissively and what struck me this week is how it is God who effects the change in us, its an ongoing process and it starts with us bowing the knee and surrendering ourselves to Him.


I love the verse for the week:


For the backround I sponged differnt shades of blue sparsely all over, then added the stamping.  I've had  Anita's 3D gold  dimensional paint at the back of my stash for years and remembered it in time for the rays which I had to have.  Can't speak about the Glory of the Lord and not have golden rays, though they are a poor shadow of the real thing!  I found the silhouettes on Google images:


Then I printed and tore out the journaling::



Isn't it amazing that we are being transformed into His likeness, but it all starts with us on our knees.


3 comments:

  1. Love the golden rays and the silhouette shapes. Lovely page, Susan - hope you're feeling better now. I've managed to avoid colds so far this season - touch wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used a double spread and the illustration of the verses are perfect! The soft butterflies add so much to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Susan!! I love this spread and I love your expression of this week's verse through your art! I also totally agree with your thoughts as well! "We submit and keep on submitting!" I may steel that my friend! I hope you are feeling so much better now and that, that flu monkey stays off your back!! Blessings to you Susan!!

    ReplyDelete