Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

There's No Place Like Home!

Last week I went to visit my Mum in Gibraltar - it was her 87th birthday!  It was touch and go as to whether I'd be well enough to go and at one point I thought I would have to postpone my visit.  But... I prayed that I would receive strength and lots of people were praying for me too so its not surprising really that I was well enough to go - God does hear and answer prayer :)  Thank you so much to all of you who prayed.  I had a great time with my Mum and also my brother, my nephew and his lovely wife and kids, my great-niece and great-nephew!!!  Teresita, my great-niece, 6 years old, kept wanting to do 'art' with me and of course I was delighted to oblige.

However, it was pretty exhausting and I was really pleased to get home again.  When I picked up my art journal again I did a quick, really fun to do backround and it turned into this page:




I've used this Crafters Workshop Mini Cubist stencil before to make a house shaped card (see it here).  With texture paste it works very well for a house.  The roof, windows and doors are washi tape.

I'm linking up at:

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute, happy page, Susan! The texture paste is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY CUTE AND HAPPY Zsuzsa! Too right, there is NO place like home and I am so glad you were able to go and visit mum and celebrate a wonderful of her birth! I am most sure it meant the world to her for you to be there especially as you "pressed through" to be with her! God IS most certainly faithful in answering prayers! I love, love to see Him at work Susan! I continue to lift you up for FULL restoration! The work is done my friend! Bless, bless, bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very fun Susan, I love that you celebrated being home. I too realize after a trip just how much I enjoy being HOME!
    Very nifty way of using that stencil. I love when you can see an unintended use for something. I am learning to do that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! This is so amazing...like all of your work is. So glad that you were able to visit with your mom, and all your other relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan I love your house collage, it is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were feeling well enough to go and had a good time!!! Your page is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking this lovely page to Sunday Sentiments, Susan! I can certainly relate to it! I don't even like going on holiday, if I want to be honest! Sad, I know, but true! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a lovely time with your family ! Travelling is tiring so I can imagine how glad you were to be home ! Your page is great ! Love your house ,so clever with the embossing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful. Love the texture. One of my favourite stencils, too. Lovely. Praise God he answers prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to visit, but a relief to return home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true, no place like home - and with a bird that visits, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the love balloons are a nice addition and the bid on top is just so cute. At first glance I thought the roof was a christmas tree :-) but that was only until I saw the whole picture. Love the background and the texture paste is just so crisp.

    ReplyDelete