Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Be today

Our church had a great festival last weekend (see it here) where we worshiped God and heard some very inspirational speakers.  One of the things that really spoke to me was that we need to do and be today the things that we are hoping and dreaming to be and do some vague time in the future.  This has got me thinking (and journaling!) - what are the things that I'm still  hoping for in the future?  What can I do about it now?

Here is my art journal page:


I added my home made texture paste through the chevron stencil on one wide and wiped the residue on the other, then played with more stencils, stamps and doodling:




I stamped the title:

and journaled inside the hand:


After last weekend I've definitely got to try and GO FOR IT!

I'm linking up at:
Art Journal Every Day
 Create with Joy Friendship Friday

9 comments:

  1. Great texture and colour on this. I love how you did the letters and the message behind this a confirming word to me right now.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Teresa Susan and your obedience to the Spirit to express your thoughts. You keep a discerning heart and He will guide you all the way! I went to and watched the vids of the services you were a part of! What a wonderful time it looked like you ALL had before the Lord! Such wonderful freedom with your praise and worship, which I love and powerful words that came forth! I'm jealous, I would love to attend there weekly! Enjoy for me! :) Thanks so much for sharing it ALL! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So often we wait until we 'have it all together' or are fully equipped before doing things. It's good to do what we can do today and just go for it. The hand is really expressive of that reaching out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome journal spread, Susan! It really touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal spread. I think the white texture paste really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this Susan. Great colors and textures, designs, expressions. Love how you journaled inside of the hand. Great message to "go for it"!
    I watched the videos...absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I am really impressed that you make your own texture paste.
    It looks like it's really good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages again Susan ,so much you can do with the texture paste! The festival looks terrific , I will watch all the videos ,thanks for the link to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Art Journal layout you've created Susan - I love how you have thought out of the box and the wonderful nautical metaphors you used to represent Jesus, our Savior!

    Would love for you to share this at our upcoming Inspire Me Monday party this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete