Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Anxiety v faith - beginning and end

When we go on holiday to Teesdale (this year I wrote about it here ) our first port of call is a wonderful huge second hand Christian bookshop in Barnard Castle.  There are all sorts of wonderful books here, new and old and very old.  This year I found some real treasures. Here are two of them:


One of the topics in Streams in the Desert really spoke to me.  When we pray we need to hold onto God's promises whether it be promises in the bible or those quiet assurances He gives us straight into our hearts.  If we don't and we start to look at the problem we are praying for while we go on praying we are liable to pray ourselves out of faith!  I realised this is what I had been doing.  Well I straight away stopped praying in a panicky, anxious way and reminded myself of God's faithfulness and goodness and His promises to me.  Faith immediately returned and grew :)

Here is a journal page I did with one of the quotes in the book:


I used Cosmic Shimmer sprays for the backround and then my lovely Paper Artsy Jofy stamps:


I added the Tim Holtz Rays stencil over the quote:


At the Name of Jesus is a wonderful compilation with a daily verse from the bible, a name of Jesus and a commentary.  Here is the page I read around the same time as I read the one above:


It was a double whammy!!!  Anxiety and worry took a running jump and I haven't allowed them to return!

As you read this I pray that you too will allow Jesus to take every fear and burden of your life.  He is able to do great things in you, for you, and through you, today and every day.

I'm linking up at:

7 comments:

  1. I love what you did here... a wonderful page !
    Thank you so much for sharing another beautiful page at
    Art Journal Journey Challenge with us!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page you've created with very special meaning too.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely delicate page with a beautiful background and the coloured flowers. Your message was very interesting too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this beautiful page, but most of all, the beautiful words of promise from which it was created.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How good to have those two wonderful books to dip into Susan, it sounds like that bookshop is well worth a visit.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely AJ page, with those special words, it has given me something to ponder on today.
    Blessings,
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the brightness of this page. It reflects the ideas beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely post Susan! what a great encouragement from the books , what you have shared has helped me too this morning! Your page is lovely, the stamps are fabulous and love all the shimmer and fab work with the masks. I've not had time to try my mask and paste yet !

    ReplyDelete